Halfway To Something

My word count goal for Novel #5 is 100,000.  I'm pleased to report I've crossed the 50,000 word mark.  Woo hoo!

Now more than a few of those 51,049 words are destined for the dustbin, but no time to worry about that now!  This is the part of the process where I'm following my outline and simply trying to get this complicated story out of my brain and onto the page.  Tweaking and perfecting comes later.

In the past, I suffered from a common writer's ailment of too much looking back over my shoulder at what I'd written and getting caught up in rewriting that.  And rewriting it again.  And again.  I've learned the hard way over time that it's more productive and efficient in the end to start with a well thought-out outline, then do the hard work of expelling it from my cerebellum via my fingertips, and THEN move on to fine tuning.

My hope and my plan is to finish the first draft by the end of 2019.  We've just moved into August and I'm halfway done.  It!  Could!  Happen!

Now on to word #51,050...

Comments

Popular Posts