Amy Interviews Amy (#1)

In the absence of other people asking to interview me - wait! was that a knock on the door? Oh. Nope, just another pinecone bouncing off the roof. So, as I was saying, in the absence of other folks wanting to interview me (so far, at least!), I thought I'd go ahead and interview myself. The following is the first in a series of 3-question interviews, starring me. And me.

Amy: SHADOW POINT is a ghost story. Are you a fan of ghost stories and horror in general?

Amy: Nope! They scare me too much. I have read some horror over the years, but I am much more of a mystery fan. I am such a scaredy cat, in fact, that I had nightmares while writing the frightening bits in SHADOW POINT. Remember that "Friends" episode where Joey revealed he kept "The Shining" in the freezer? I can relate!

Amy: How hard is it to come up with story ideas?

Amy: Well, it took me a long time to come up with my first workable novel idea. I knew I wanted to write a novel long before I knew what novel I wanted to write, if that makes any sense.

But to answer your question - coming up with story ideas these days is easy for me. My brain bombards me with them all the time! It's my fingers that can't keep up. I sometimes feel I have to actively STOP my brain from coming up with new ideas, since I have so many on the list for future projects already. I should probably cut back on the caffeine.

Amy: How much of your writing is autobiographical?

Amy: A lot. But not so much. (laughs) I'm a novelist - I make stuff up. But let me leave you with that Fellini quote: "All art is autobiographical; the pearl is the oyster's autobiography."

Amy: Hmmm. Deep. Well, thanks so much for your time! It's been a great interview.

Amy: You're welcome - my time is your time.

Comments

Popular Posts